The temple is situated in Imphal at Brahmpur Guru
Aribam Leikai, on the banks of the Imphal river. The temple was patronized by king Charairongba and
built in the year 1704 AD.
The temple built with bricks, is given a thick cement coating from
outside. The pedestal is raised in three layers of bricks. A sound panel of
flying staircases in the south facing facade matches the sturdy structure of the
temple base. The sanctum cube and the porch walls separately support the
dome like hemispherical roof. The porch dome is shorter in height. The surface
of the dome is decorated with the floral motifs. Above the floral motifs it is
shaped in to a short neck to rest the circular crown. The crown further carries
two Kalasas placed one above the other. The pinnacle above the top
vase also carries a Nilachakra.
The internal sanctum is interconnected to the porch hall through a small
door. The porch hall is divided in to two chambers partitioned by an
iron folding door. The porch door opens outside leading to the staircases.
The artistic importance of the temple is that there are different idols
of Lord Krishna showing different events from his child hood to
adult stage. The modulation of the idols is done in a very artistic manner.
These also reflect the artistic antiquity of idol deities .