Osho's No Dimensions Meditation, is a powerful method for centering one’s energy in the hara – the area just below the navel and is originated from Gurdjieffian movements. It is based on a Sufi technique of movements for awareness and integration of the body. Because it is a Sufi meditation, it is free and non-serious. In fact it is so non-serious that you can even smile while you are doing it.
This one-hour meditation has three stages. During the first two stages the eyes are open but not focused on anything. During the third stage the eyes are closed. The music, created especially for this meditation, begins slowly and gradually becomes faster and faster as an uplifting force.
First stage: 30 minutes music.
A continuous dance in a set of six movements. With your eyes
open, begin by standing in one place and placing the left hand on the heart
and the right hand on the hara. Stand still for a few moments just listening
to the music to get centered.When the bell rings, start the sequence as described
below. The movements always come from the center, or hara, using the music to
keep the correct rhythm. The hips and eyes face the direction of the hand movement.
Use graceful movements in a continuous flow. Loud "Shoo" sounds are
made from the throat in synchronicity with the sounds from the recording.
Repeat this six-movement sequence continuously for 30 minutes.
1) Touch the backs of the hands together pointing downward on the hara. Breathing in through the nose, bring the hands up to the heart and fill them with love. Breathing out make the sound "Shoo" from the throat and send love out to the world. At the same time move the right arm (with fingers extended, palm downward) and right foot straight forward, and move the left hand back down to the hara. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
2) Repeat this movement with the left arm and foot. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
3) Repeat this movement with the right arm and foot, turning sideways to the right. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
4) Repeat this movement with the left arm and foot, turning sideways to the left. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
5) Repeat this movement with the right arm and foot, turning directly behind from the right side. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
6) Repeat this movement with the right arm and foot, turning directly behind from the right side. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
Second stage: 15 minutes music.
Begin by placing the right toe over the left toe. Fold your arms across your chest and embrace yourself. Feel love for yourself. When the music starts bow down to existence for bringing you here for this meditation. When the tempo changes, begin whirling. Turn anticlockwise keeping the eyes open a little, arms stretched out with the right palm turned upward and the left palm facing the ground. Breathe normally and let the whirling take you over. If you feel discomfort from whirling anticlockwise, you can change to clockwise and reverse position of the hands. If a sensation of nausea arises, focusing the eyes on the right hand can be helpful. To end the whirling, slow down and fold the arms over the chest and heart.
Third stage: 15 minutes Silence
Lie down on the belly with your eyes closed. Leave your legs open and not crossed to allow all the energy you have gathered to flow through you. Just go inside and allow witnessing to happen.
Silence - The World of Osho
2nd Floor, G - 51
Panampilly Nagar, Cochin-36
Osho's Prayer Meditation technique
Note : All statements given are only for information purpose. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information on this site. We suggest that you consult a qualified doctor before trying any alternative health care remedies.