The Botanical Garden
The Botanical Gardens (entrance South of City Bus Stand) which was opened in 1826 has a variety of rare and exotic plants and an aquarium with exhibits showing local methods of coastal fishing.
The Government Park
It is laid out with lawns, flower beds and fountains( one at the centre is of Napoleon III period), in front of the Raj Niwas, the residence of the Lieutenant Governor. The park
was originally the site of the first French garrison, Fort Louis, destroyed in 1761 by the British.