The difference in climate, atmosphere and surroundings
while you are travelling can have a major impact on your skin hence it is
important to carry some of the must have skincare products while travelling to
avoid damage to your skin.
Blossom Kochhar, Chairperson, Blossom Kochhar Group of companies, lists some
necessary things to keep with you while travelling.
* Sunscreen lotion: The first rule while travelling is not to
forget your sunscreen while packing irrespective of what the climate is like. It
not only protects your skin form the harmful UV rays of the sun but also
prevents tanning and prevents premature aging. If you plan to stay out for long
in the sun, opt for a sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 30 PA ++.
* Face wash: Since your skin is exposed to different
environments while travelling, you are bound to attract dirt and bacteria;
therefore a face wash is a must in your travel kit
* Moisturise: A moisturiser is very important while travelling
especially for long haul flights as your skin becomes dry up in the air. While
travelling to humid regions like a beach holiday, an oil free moisturiser with
juniper berry is recommended.
* CTOM small kit: For a glowing and healthy skin cleansing,
toning, oiling and moisturising is the key. This helps in removing all the dirt
from your skin, keeps it hydrated and opens up clogged pores so that your skin
can breathe with ease.
* Lip balm: Since you are unaware of how the change in climate
will impact your skin, it is very essential to carry a lip balm to keep your
lips hydrated and avoid flaky lips.
* Vitamin C lightening gel: It is best to use it on clean skin
after using a toner. Apply on your face and neck in gentle circular motions. It
is best to use this gel before applying makeup.
* Lavender oil: Lavender oil helps not only to keep you calm
and relax your mind while on a long journey, but it also treats sun burns. It is
also advisable to keep lavender oil handy while you are travelling, be it on the
hills or on the beach.
Geetika Mittal Gupta, Founder and Medical Director at ISAAC, too has some inputs
* The one thing you need to coordinate and organise ahead of time is a travel
skin-care kit so that you can avoid any skin catastrophes that might ruin your
trip. Nowadays, every brand is coming out with its travel size packaging. Hence,
making it easy to follow our skincare regimen even during travel.
* Wet wipes or thermal spring water are a must when one is travelling. They help
in keeping the skin clean and dirt free while travelling. When we move out of
our house, there are more chances of dust accumulation, hence it is very
important to have them handy while you're on the go.
* Face mists too help to keep the skin well hydrated specially in the dry
* A daily moisturiser and Rosehip Oil is a must in the travel bag as one might
need it every now and then while travelling. For the lips, a lip balm with at
least SPF 15. Even better if the lip balm is tinted to add that pop of colour to
* A nice soothing night cream and a Vitamin C rich serum is definitely something
that should find space in your travel kit.