There are 8 branches in Ayurveda ('Ashtanga Ayurveda'):-
1. Kayachikitsa (Internal Medicine) - It deals with the diseases which are caused by the impairment of digestion and metabolism. 'Kaya' means agni (Digestive fire) or the enzymes responsible for the digestion as well as metabolism.
2. Koumara Brutya (Paediatrics)
3. Bhoota Vaidya (Psychiatry)
4. Agadatantra (Toxicology)
5. Shalakya Tantra (ENT and Ophthalmology)
6. Shalya Tantra ( Surgery)
7. Rasayana (Geriatrics) - Science of Rejuvenation. It deals with health and care of old people.
8. Vajeekarana (Virilisation Therapy)
Questions & Answers
|All statements given are only for information purpose. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information on this site. We suggest that you consult a qualified doctor before trying any alternative health care remedies.|