Standing high in the heart of the town, the Clock tower is a landmark
of Kollam city. Located at Chinnakada, close to the Kollam Junction Railway
Station, this quadrangular tower was constructed in the year 1944 by the
natives as a tribute to the former chairman of Kollam municipality, Unichakam
Veedu K G Parameshwaran Pillai. Being the first clock tower of the erstwhile
Travancore state, it has now become a sort of non- official emblem of
Kollam District. Though the four big clocks that is placed on the sides
of the tower were brought from Kolkata, its origin can be traced to Britain.