This section covers
1) The Muslim period of Indian history beginning with the Turkish conquests under Mahmud of Ghazni and Muhammad Ghori.
2) The Slave dynasty established under Qutub-ud-din Aibek and Iltumish.
3) Khilji dynasty established by Allauddin Khilji.
4) The Tughluq dynasty which gained ground under Muhammed - bin- Tughluq and Feroz Shah.
5) Saiyyids and the Lodhi's established themselves in northern India before the Mughals.
6) Bahmani Dynasty
7) Other Dynasties including Nizam Shahi Dynasty of Ahmadnagar, Adil Shahi Dynasty of Bijapur, Qutab Shahi Dynasty of Golkonda.
1) Rise of Mughal power under Babur and the Sur Dynasty of Sher Shah.
2) The golden age of Mughal empire under Akbar and reign of his successors.
3) The independent kingdoms of the Sayyids, the Avadh, the Rajput and Jat, the Sikhs, the Marathas, Hyderabad, Carnatic and Mysore. These kingdoms dominated over various regions before the advent of the Europeans.
1) The history of South India which represented a separate entity till the medieval period with -the Kalchuris of Chedi, the Chalukyas, the Rashtrakutas, the Chalukyas of Kalyani, the Yadhavas of Devgiri, the Hoyasalas of Dwarasamudra, the Pallavas, the Cholas, the Pandyas and the Cheras.
2) Vijayanagar Kingdom