Asfi mosque located to the right of the gate of the Bara
Imambara was built by Asaf-ud-Daula, the nawab wazir of Oudh ( from 26
January 1775 to 21 September 1797) and the son of Shuja-ud-Dowlah . Built
on a two-storied plinth it consists of two tall minarets in the courtyard.
One can get a clear view of the mosque from the top of the Bhulbhulaiya
or maze, where the builder of the mosque is buried. This intricate maze
has numerous passages, which can confuse the people to find the way out.
A five-storied step-well (bowli) lies across the mosque is an added attraction.
The mosque is opened only to the Muslims.