Minto Park officially known as Madan Mohan Malviya Park
is located to the west of Allahabad fort near Yamuna river, about 2.5
kms from the city center. It is one of the most beautiful old parks in
the city which occupies an important place in the history of British India.
It was here, that the East India Company officially handed over control
of India to the British government in 1858. 52 years after the incidence,
in 1910, THe Earl of Minto (then Governor-General of India) laid a foundation
stone for this park. The highlight of the Park is the white marble
column consisiting of four stone lions atop which was set up by Pandit
Madan Mohan Malviya.