The heritage building, is located about 11 kms from the city of Mysore.
This twin storied palace was commissioned in 1921 by Maharaja Krishnaraja
Wodeyar IV and was designed by E.W Fritchley in the Renaissance style
with concepts from the Italina palazzo and the English manor. Nestling
at the foot of the Chamundi Hills, the pleasing white structure was modeled
in the lines of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. In 1974, India Tourist
Development Corporation converted this royal guest palace into a
star hotel. However, the building continues to retain various aspects
of the Palace including the viceroy room, the banquet hall, the ballroom
and the stately Italian marble staircases. The Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel
offers royal living and dining in the environs of a real palace.