Located on the lighthouse hill, about a kilometer away from the Nehru
Maidan Bus stand is the St. Aloysius College Chapel famed for its interior
paintings. Built in the year 1899-1900, the chapel has exquisite frescoes
covering the walls and the ceilings, which were done by the Italian trained
Jesuit priest Antony Moscheni. Around 600 square metres of the walls of
the Chapel is covered with the Fresco, while the ceilings are full of
oil paintings. The central row on the ceiling exhibits the life of St.
Aloysius Gonzaga. The chapel which is situated at the center of the vast
St. Aloysius college campus, resembles the Sistine chapel in Rome.