Sadashivgad Island, located across the Kali river in Karwar in Uttara
Kannada is once a known trade centre, ruled by the erstwhile kings of
Kadambas and the Marathas; and later by the Portugese and the British.
The 17th century Sadashivgad Hill Fort and Durga Bhavani temple are the
main attraction of this small village. The fort is located about 60 meters
by 20 meters on top of a hillock east of Sadashivgad at the confluence
of Kali River and Arabian Sea. Now the fort is in ruins as most of it
was pulled down by East India Company General Matthews in 1783.