Mandvi Gate, one of the major landmarks of Vadodara built during the Mughal
period was renovated in 1736 AD by the Governor, Malharoa Maloji under
the orders of Damaji Roa II. Located 3 kms from the city, this impressive
square shaped pavilion has three bold arched openings on each of its four
sides. It is illuminated on special occasions. Earlier it might be a market
place, intermingled by two large streets separating in to four part that
meet in the center.