Saturday, February 24, 2018
Cities & Towns
search

read read read read read Lang Library

Lang Library
 

Lang Library is one of the oldest libraries in Saurashtra. The library was started in 1856 AD in the name of 'Gungrahak Mandali'. Later, in 1864 AD it was shifted to its own independent building in Kothi compound area and in 1893 the library started functioning form the building in Jubilee Garden. In 1864, the library was christened Lang Library in the memory of Colonel Lang who was a political agent of Kathiawad. The building which houses the library is an architectural marvel in itself. The structure is built in Victorian style with Gothic arches made out of local sand stone.


  Nearby Attractions
›› Watson Museum
›› Jubilee Garden
›› Community Science Centre and Planetarium
›› Gondal
›› Jadeshwar
›› Kaba Gandhi no Delo
 Picture Gallery
Post Reviews/ Comments
  Name :
  Place :
  Email :
  Review :
   
     

 

 

 City Map