Thursday, March 30, 2023


Entry Permits

Before entering into Nagaland, one should acquire entry permits. Both Indians and Foreigners should obtain these permits prior to their journey. Domestic tourists of Nagaland, need an Inner Line Permit issued by the 

Deputy Resident Commissioner at Nagaland House, Delhi
Phone : +91-11-23012296 / 23793673

Deputy Resident Commissioner at Nagaland House, Kolkata
Phone : +91-33-2283247 / 22821967

Assistant Resident Commissioner, in Shillong and Guwahati
Phone : +91-361-2332158 / 2333859 (Guwahati)
           +91-364-252083 / 2520670 (Shillong)

Deputy Commissioner, Dimapur, Kohima, Mokokchung
Phone No. : +91-3862-226530 / 230613 [Dimapur]
                   +91-370-2290666 / 229055 [Kohima]
                  +91-369-2226231 / 220333 [Mokokchung]

All tourists have to pay a fee of Rs 50 per head as permit fees.

Earlier Foreign Tourists required a Restricted Area Permit (RAP)/ Protected Area Permit (PAP) to visit the state from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, South Block, New Delhi. They were allowed to travel only in a group of at least 4 persons except in the case of couples. 

But now, to boost the tourism in North East states of India, Government has taken a new step on January 1st 2011 declaring that, Foreigners except from Pakistan, Bangladesh and China, who are visiting on valid visa need not to take extra Entry permits to Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur. However they will have to register themselves with Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) of the district they visit within 24 hours of their arrival. Initially this policy will be applicable for a short time, say one year and it will not be applicable for foreigners who would like to visit Arunachal Pradesh. Visitors from Pakistan, Bangladesh and China still need to apply for Restricted Area Permit (RAP)/ Protected Area Permit (PAP) from home Ministry.

Nagaland House in Delhi, Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi. Ph: +91 11 23012296