Jajmau, known as Siddhapuri in ancient times is a mound located about
8 km east of the city on the banks of the holy river Ganges. This tourist
destination occupies a high place among the ancient cities of the region.
It is supposed to have been the fort of Pauranic king Yayati. Excavations
of the Jajmau mound during 1957-58 have unearthed antiquities like
primitive pottery, utensils and busts ranging from 600 BC to 1600 AD.
The main attractions of this place are the Siddhnath and Siddha
Devi temples, the mausoleum of the famous sufi saint Makhdam Shah Ala-ul-Haq
built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq in 1358 and a mosque built in 1679 by Kulich