Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, formerly known as Victoria Terminus is at
Dr. D.Naoroji Road, Nagar Chowk. Declared as a World Heritage Site by
UNESCO, it is the city's most beautiful Indo-Gothic architectural
splendour. This station was designed by Frederick Stevens as the headquarters
of the Great Indian Peninsular Railway Company and was completed in 1887.
A life-size statue of Queen Victoria is placed in front of the central
facade. Carvings of peacocks, gargoyles, monkeys, elephants and British
lions are mixed up among the buttresses, domes, turrets, spires and stained
glass windows. Topping it all is a 4m-high torch bearing figure of Progress.
Address: DN Road, Mumbai- 400001