The Church of the Holy spirit also known as Largo de Igreja is situated
in Margao in Salcete Taluk, about 33kms from Panaji. The original church
built by Jesuit missionaries in 1564 was destroyed in 1571 but was rebuilt
in 1645 and consecrated in 1675. This notable edifice is one of the fine
examples of Indian Baroque style of architecture. The pristine white church
consists of towers on either side with a central dome structure. The heavily
decorated altars are dedicated to Immaculate Conception of Mary, St Peter
and St. Michael.