Gundala Church is situated on a hillock on the eastern side of the town.
According to popular legend, in 1925, Rev. Arlati, the then Rector of
St. Josephs Orphanage, Gundala installed a statue of Our Lady. Later a
church was built and consecrated in 1971. This church is today known to
us as the St Mary's Church and popularly known as the Gundala Matha Shrine.
Every year in the month of February, the annual event of Feast of Our
Lady of Lourdes takes place here. It is attended by devotees from the
city as well as from far away places.