see a lot of beautiful things around us. With little creativity and effort we
can make wonderful things with clay. By using the following method and
materials we can make a clay basket and different types of fruits, well
arranged in the basket.
What you need:
- China clay - 1/2 kg (approx.)
- Ceramic Powder- 1/2kg(approx)
- Ceramic Tile - 1 piece (12x8 or 12x12 size)
- Fabric Paint -Different Colours
- Varnish -1 bottle
Tools / Accessories:
How to Mould:
- Mix together China clay, ceramic powder and
glue. Make it into a
- Take small quantity of this dough and roll them into balls of various
sizes to make grapes. Make 40-50 of them and paint purple.
- Same way shape up apples, bananas, oranges and whatever fruits you want to
make, colour them and once the colour dries up, varnish them.
- To make leaves, take small quantity of the dough and roll it using the
roller. Cut it in the shapes of leaves (various shapes) and paint them green
when dry, varnish them.
- To make a
basket take a portion of
dough and flatten it and cut it out in the shape shown in the picture, place it over a glass as shown in the picture. Few
horizontal lines and in between few vertical lines are pressed over the
dough to get the exterior of the basket. Two small strings should be made
with the dough and it should be twisted or plaited neatly and pasted to
the top and bottom of the basket.
- Now paint the basket with brown
and black colours and varnish it.
Take a Ceramic plate. Wash it and let it dry. First using
the three sides of your
basket on the tile. The top portion should be kept open.
Fill the basket with clay dough to the brim.
Now arrange the fruits on the top portion of the
basket. Stick them
in a beautiful way. If a small piece of magnet is stuck at the back of each
fruit it can be put up can separately on any metal piece. This
decorate our refrigerators.
Keep this fruit basket on a wooden stand. It will
add decor to your dining or
kitchen or even living room.
It can also be gifted to someone you love.
Try it and come out with beautiful creations. Enjoy yourself.